1. A completed application form, which can be obtained online.
2. Documentary evidence of academic performance, including official degree transcripts and a detailed list of the courses taken at the undergraduate level. BA in Byzantine Philology, History, Archaeology, History of Art, Classical Studies or another related field required (First or Upper second class).
3. Brief résumé and statement of academic and research interests.
4. Sample of written work, namely an essay on a topic of the candidate's choice in Byzantine Literature, History, Archaeology, History of Art, Classical Studies or another related field.
5. Two letters of recommendation from specialists, preferably university faculty or other established scholars.
6. In addition to Greek, satisfactory knowledge of one other language from the remaining five international languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian).
7. If deemed necessary by the faculty of the MA programme, the candidate may be invited to an interview.
New Admissions and Course Duration
You can apply for Fall admission beginning in September by the end of March of the same calendar year. The programme lasts four semesters (full-time).