1. A completed application form which can be obtained online.
2. Postgraduate degree (MA/Mastère) in Byzantine Studies or other related fields. Submission of official degree transcripts required.
3. Detailed résumé and research proposal.
4. Sample of written work, namely the candidate's MA thesis on a topic in Byzantine Studies or a related field.
5. Two letters of recommendation by specialists, preferably university faculty or other established scholars.
6. In addition to Greek, satisfactory knowledge of two other languages from the remaining five international languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian).
7. If deemed necessary by the faculty of the PhD programme, the candidate may be invited to an interview.
Admission and Course Duration
The PhD programme is open for admission for every September and January. The time frame for the successful completion of the PhD Programme cannot exceed eight academic years after admission.