Basic aims and goals of the Centre
The aim of the Centre for Teaching and Learning is the support / development of teaching / learning, so that these may correspond to modern needs and internationally compatible and competitive quality criteria.
Basic goals are:
- The development of a policy on teaching, learning and evaluation at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- The support of Departments and academic staff on matters of development of Study Programmes.
- The support of Departments and academic staff on matters of planning, management and evaluation of teaching.
- The monitoring and upkeep of supporting infrastructure for teaching.
- The support of Departments and of all those involved in teaching, learning and production of teaching material.
- The development of mechanisms and of strategies for quality assurance in teaching.
- The development of study skills for all those involved in the learning process.
- The development of a system for the evaluation of teaching and the organisation, management and safe keeping of data.
- The development of mechanisms for rewarding and disseminating "good practices" and quality teaching.
- The promotion of the eLearning Policy of the University of Cyprus.