Workshops - Academic Year 2011-2012:
Within the framework of the Orientation Programme for the academic year 2011-2012 the Centre has organised the following seminars:
21 September 2011 - "Practical information about UCY and its Administrative Services". Wednesday, 9 am - 2.30 pm, Lecture Hall Β108, UCY Council-Senate Building "Anastasios G. Leventis", University Campus.
Programme (in Greek)
All presentations are available in Greek.
28 September 2011 - "Use of Blackboard" presented by Georgios Kappos, IT Officer, Information Systems Services, UCY. Wednesday, 2-6 pm. Computers' lab P104, Main Buildings, Kallipoleos Avenue.
Programme (in Greek. The workshop will be presented in Greek).
25 & 26 October 2011 - "Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Higher Education". Instructors: Linda Carey and John Milliken, Queen's University Belfast. Lecture Hall No. 119 (1st floor), Building CTF/ΧΩΔ-02, University Campus.
Programme (in English. All workshops will be presented in English)
Presentations & Handouts:
25 October 2011
- Session 1: Introduction to models of learning and teaching in higher education
- Postmodernism Versus Professionalism in HE
- Teaching and Technology in HE
- Session 3: Small Group Teaching
- Enabling Active Learning
- Room Layouts
- Group Facilitation Skills
- What I Like About Small Group Teaching
- Questionning Strategies
26 October 2011
- Session 5: Curriculum development: Learning outcomes
- Assessment Grid
- Some Examples of Learning Outcomes
- Session 8: Micro teaching workshop
- Peer Observation
Newsletter announcement (in Greek)