Applications are submitted to the Department and are considered for evaluation by the Committee of Postgraduate Studies, which makes recommendations to the Department Council for final approval. Eligible applicants must hold a university degree granted by an institution recognized in the country where it operates. The degree must have been judged as equivalent to a university degree by the Cyprus Council for Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications. Applicants who do not hold their first degree at the time of application, but will hold such a degree before the commencement of the postgraduate program, are also eligible to apply but must submit a letter from the university's registrar verifying that they are indeed eligible to graduate. The decision on their admission will not become official until the degree is submitted.
Each application for admission should include:
- A cover letter clearly stating the program the candidate wishes to apply.
- A completed application form. The form is available for download here.
- Curriculum Vitae indicating the student's education, academic and research experiences, publications, awards, etc.
- A short statement (maximum two pages) stating the reason the candidate wishes to join the program, experiences, future goals, etc.
- Letters of recommendation (at least three) from academic or professional advisors. The letters must be completed using the form provided here.
- Copies of representative publications if any (no more than three).
- Copies of all degrees and official transcripts. If applicable, a letter from the Registrar verifying expected graduation date should be included (as described above).
- Copies of any other supporting materials such as examinations passed, honours, awards, etc.
- Any application material can be submitted in either Greek or English (application forms are provided in both languages).
The criteria for the evaluation of the candidates are his/her academic and research background, the recommendation letters, and any additional qualifications he/she specifies in the application. Familiarity with the English language is strongly recommended.
Send your application to:
Committee of Postgraduate Studies
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Cyprus
75 Kallipoleos Av.
P.O. Box 20537
Tel: +357 22892251/71
Fax: +357 22892260
IMPORTANT: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all material (including the letters of recommendation) arrive BEFORE the application deadline. The Department will NOT consider any incomplete applications.
All necessary documents for applying are available here. For more information on the application process, contact the department or visit the website of the Academic Affairs and Student Welfare Services.