Applicants must have a University degree awarded by an accredited institution in the country where it operates, or a degree evaluated as equivalent to a University degree by the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S). Individuals who will be awarded a University degree or Graduation certificate fulfilling the necessary criteria by the end of the week that precedes registration week, are also eligible to submit an application.
Applications should include the following:
- Application through the Online Application System of the University
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. Some departments require three reference letters, so before submitting your application, please read the Postgraduate Prospectus and any relevant departmental prospectus to ascertain the required number of reference letters. The Department may request additional confidential information from the referees. You may also consult the department website.
- Copies of university degrees or a statement of expected graduation in the month preceding enrolment in the postgraduate programme.
- Transcripts as appropriate.
- Curriculum vitae
- A short statement (maximum two pages) of the student's research goals and interests.
- A preliminary research proposal for a PhD place (if this is stated in the departments regulations).
Criteria for assessment of applicants
The criteria for assessment of postgraduate candidates are the following:
- Academic background in the appropriate discipline and grades in other related degrees.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal interview at the discretion of each department.
- Written examination at the discretion of each department.
- Submission of a preliminary research proposal for a student place in a Phd programme (if this is stated in the departments' regulations)
- Other criteria set by each department.