The purpose of the Department is to provide high level education and training in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering to engineers who will become leaders in their area, to achieve excellence in research and innovation and to advance the well-being of society.
The Department provides high quality degree programs at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These programs emphasize fundamental principles that prepare students for leadership roles in a challenging and rapidly changing technological world. Research and innovation is achieved in an environment that fosters cooperation between faculty, students, industry and research organizations.
MME offers one undergraduate degree, one minor degree and two graduate degrees:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Minor Degree in Biomedical Engineering
- M.Sc. in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- M.Sc. in Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Ph.D. in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Ph.D. in in Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
The educational system in the Department is designed to not only provide high quality education to the students in their selected areas of study, but to also create entrepreneurial students who will be confident to promote innovative ideas for the purpose of generating a new high-technology based industry in Cyprus.