Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry. It also offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the profession through our programs and activities and many of our accomplishments are driven by our dedicated members.
- SPE is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources, development and production.
- SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry, and provides services through publications, events, training courses and online resources at www.spe.org.
- Income from SPE events and services are invested back into SPE to support many other society programs.
- To collect, disseminate and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources, and related technologies for the public benefit.
- To provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
What is a Student SPE Chapter?
- Student chapters are located around the world, providing an operating framework for all society activities at a university level.
- Student members attending the university annually elect officers( President, Vice President , Secretary, Treasurer ).
- A faculty advisor is needed as well.
- Need at least 15 students.
- Every SPE chapter is sponsored by an SPE section.
Student Membership Benefits
- Meet practicing professionals at meetings or society events.
- Apply for a mentor and receive practical career advice.
- Receive discounts on textbooks, reference books, and other Society publications.
- Apply for a number of SPE scholarships.
- Participate in various SPE programs.
- Learn about new jobs / careers
Each student must login following the instructions. Video is very helpful for the registration procedure.After that, the student should visit his/her temporary membership ID card in this link in order to locate his/her SPE Membership Number.
Learn more at http://www.spe.org/index.php