You can apply for the MA Programme in Byzantine Studies and the Latin East by using the online application system of the Graduate School of the University of Cyprus.
Closing date for applications: announced by the Graduate School (in spring for admission in September and in the fall for admission in January)
Documents required with application
- The completed application form for admission into the MA programme. Applications can be submitted in Greek or in English.
- Brief CV and description of scholarly and research interests.
- Scanned copies of university diplomas and other postgraduate diplomas (if applicable), or a verification of expected graduation in the summer or fall preceding enrolment in the postgraduate programme. In case of admission the candidate will be asked to show the original diplomas.
- A transcript and a detailed list of the courses taken by the candidate at the undergraduate level.
- Α paper (at least 4000 words in length) on a topic of the candidate's choice in the fields of Byzantine Language and Literature, Byzantine and Medieval History and Archaeology, Byzantine and Medieval History of Art, Classical Studies or a related field.
- Two letters of recommendation from specialists, preferably university professors or renowned researchers.
- A certificate of satisfactory knowledge of one of the five main languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian).
Admission and duration of Studies:
Admission of (up to 10) new students every September and January. Minimum duration of full-time enrolment three semesters. Maximum duration of enrolment eight semesters.
Language of Instruction
Modern Greek. English in the case of non-Greek speaking students.