Are you worried about the next steps in your career? Not sure which career to pursue or which postgraduate course to choose?
All students and alumni of our University have the opportunity to arrange a personal meeting with the Career Officer to receive guidance and advice on the next steps in their career, both for employment issues and for postgraduate studies.
From the very first year of your studies, with the professional help provided by the Career Center, you will gain self-knowledge and, above all, you will discover your talents and interests. You will learn how to take advantage of the opportunities given to you inside and outside the University for personal and professional development, as well as for enhancing your employability even after your studies.
Take the opportunity to:
- make a personalized career plan
- write your CV and your cover letter
- learn some interview techniques and get prepared for a real interview through a "mock interview"
- write your personal statemnt in order to apply for a master
- find out funding opportunities for postgraduate studies
- explore several career opportunities: full time & part time jobs or internships
- take advantage of mobility programs, educational programs, summer schools, competitions in Cyprus and abroad,volunteering initiatives
Job Mobility in Europe
- Eures Advisor
The University of Cyprus is a partner in the European Employment Services Network (EURES) and for this reason, all students and graduates have the opportunity to receive information, advice and guidance from the Eures Advisors of the University of Cyprus on finding work and internships in Europe.
Through the Eures Portal, you can move to any EU Member State, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland to look for and take up a job.
>>> Book a meeting with the Eures Advisors: Ioustini Pilidi, Head Officer, Career Office, Career Centre
CV Clinic and Mock Interviews
During the CV Clinic and Mock Interviews workshops, you have the opportunity to get advice for improving your CV, as well as to effectively prepare for a real interview. Through the workshops, you learn how to answer difficult questions, how to develop your strategies for an interview, improve your communication skills and reduce your stress before the real interview.