Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When was the Centre for Teaching and Learning established?
The Centre for Teaching and Learning was established on 30th August 2002 and it became active in September 2004.
2. How is the Centre for Teaching and Learning governed?
The Centre is a vital part of the University of Cyprus. The Vice Rector of Academic Affairs has the overall responsibility for overseeing the Centre. The Centre is governed by a Board, while on a day-to-day basis it is managed by the Director and Deputy Director.
3. Who are the Board members of the Centre for Teaching and Learning?
The Board consists of the following members:
- The Centre's current Director
- The Centre's current Deputy Director
- One academic representative of each of the Faculties
- The Director of the Student Welfare Services
- One representative of the undergraduate students
- One representative of the postgraduate students
4. How many staff members does the Centre for Teaching and Learning have?
The Centre is currently employing two staff members, one University Officer and one Secretary.
5. What is the mission of the Centre for Teaching and Learning?
The mission of the Centre for Teaching and Learning is the support/development of teaching/learning, so that these may correspond to modern needs and internationally compatible and competitive quality criteria.
6. What are the activities of the Centre for Teaching and Learning?
Within its operational framework, KE.DI.MA. is active in areas related to teaching and learning: https://ucy.ac.cy/ctl/en/activities