Angelos Georghiou received his M.Sci. degree in Mathematics in 2008 and his Ph.D.degree in Operations Research at the Department of Computing in 2012, both from Imperial College London. During 2012–2013, he was a post-doctoral researcher at the Process Systems Engineering Laboratory at MIT, and in 2013–2016 a postdoctoral researcher at the Automatic Control Laboratory at ETH Zurich. From 2016-2019 he was Assistant Professor of Operations Management in the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Operations Management at the Department of Business and Public Administration at the University of Cyprus. His research focuses on the development of tractable computational methods for the solution of stochastic and robust optimization problems, as well as applications in operations management, healthcare and energy.
Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Mehran Poursoltani, Erick Delage, and Angelos Georghiou, Risk-averse Regret Minimization in Multi-stage Stochastic Programs, Operations Research, 2022, forthcoming
- Daniel Frank, Fan E, Angelos Georghiou, and Vedat Verter, Community Treatment Order Outcomes in Quebec: A Unique Jurisdiction, The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 65 (7), 484-491, 2020.
- Angelos Georghiou, Angelos Tsoukalas, Wolfram Wiesemann, A Primal-Dual Lifting Scheme for Two-Stage Robust Optimization, Operations Research, 68 (2), 572-590, 2020.
- Paul Nathaniel Beuchat, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Performance Guarantees for Model-Based Approximate Dynamic Programming in Continuous Spaces, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 65(1), 143-158, 2020.
- Angelos Georghiou, Daniel Kuhn, Wolfram Wiesemann, The Decision Rule Approach to Optimisation under Uncertainty: Methodology and Applications in Operations Management, Computational Management Science, 16, 545–576, 2019
- Angelos Georghiou, Angelos Tsoukalas, Wolfram Wiesemann, Robust Dual Dynamic Programming, Operations Research, 67 (3), 813-830, 2019.
- Damian Frick, Angelos Georghiou, Juan L. Jerez, Alexander Domahidi, and Manfred Morari, Low-Complexity Method for Hybrid MPC with Local Guarantees, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, 57(4), 2328-2361, 2019.
- Georgios Darivianakis, Angelos Georghiou, Roy S. Smith, John Lygeros, The power of diversity: Data-driven robust predictive control for energy-efficient buildings and districts, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 27 (1), 132-145, 2019.
- Dimitris Bertsimas, Angelos Georghiou, Binary decision rules for multistage adaptive mixed-integer optimization, Mathematical Programming 167 (2), 395-433, 2018.
- Xiaojing Zhang, Maryam Kamgarpour, Angelos Georghiou, Paul Goulart, John Lygeros, Robust optimal control with adjustable uncertainty sets, Automatica 75, 249-259, 2017.
- Dimitris Bertsimas, Angelos Georghiou, Design of near optimal decision rules in multistage adaptive mixed-integer optimization, Operations Research 63 (3), 610-627, 2015.
- Angelos Georghiou, Wolfram Wiesemann, Daniel Kuhn, Generalized decision rule approximations for stochastic programming via liftings, Mathematical Programming, volume 152, pp.301–338, 2015 .
- Daniel Kuhn, Wolfram Wiesemann, Angelos Georghiou, Primal and Dual Linear Decision Rules in Stochastic and Robust Optimization, Mathematical Programming, volume 130, pp.177–209, 2011.
Papers under review
- Phebe Vayanos, Angelos Georghiou, and Han Yu, Robust Optimization with Decision-Dependent Information Discovery, 2019
- Georgios Darivianakis, Angelos Georghiou, and John Lygeros, A Robust Optimization Approach to Network Control Using Local Information Exchange, 2020
- Angelos Georghiou, Angelos Tsoukalas, and Wolfram Wiesemann, On the Optimality of Affine Decision Rules in Robust and Distributionally Robust Optimization, 2021
- Rosario Paradiso, Angelos Georghiou, Said Dabia, and Denise Tönissen, Exact and Approximate Schemes for Robust Optimization Problems with Decision Dependent Information Discovery, 2021.
Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals with Undergraduate Students
- Amalia Chatzigeorgiou, Konstantina Kyriakou, and Georgia Lazaridou, Let Optimization be Your Guide for a Magical Family Trip in Disneyland Paris, SIAM Undergraduate Research Online (SIURO), volume 14, 2021. poster
Papers in Peer-Reviewed Conferences
- Viet Anh Nguyen, Xuhui Zhang, Jose Blanchet, Angelos Georghiou, Distributionally Robust Parametric Maximum Likelihood Estimation, NeurIPS 2020.
- Georgios Darivianakis, Angelos Georghiou, Annika Eichler, Roy S Smith, John Lygeros, Scalability through decentralization: A robust control approach for the energy management of a building community, Proceedings of the 19th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse (France), 2017.
- Orcun Karaca, Georgios Darivianakis, Paul Beuchat, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, The REPOP Toolbox: Tackling polynomial optimization using relative entropy relaxations, Proceedings of the 19th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse (France), 2017.
- Alexander Liniger, Xiaojing Zhang, Philipp Aeschbach, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Racing miniature cars: Enhancing performance using Stochastic MPC and disturbance feedback, American Control Conference, Seattle (USA), 2017.
- Paul Beuchat, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Alleviating tuning sensitivity in Approximate Dynamic Programming, European Control Conference, Aalborg (Denmark), 2016.
- Georgios Darivianakis, Angelos Georghiou, Roy S Smith, John Lygeros, A stochastic optimization approach to cooperative building energy management via an energy hub, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka (Japan), 2015.
- Philipp Aeschbach, Xiaojing Zhang, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Convex approximation of chance-constrained MPC through piecewise affine policies using randomized and robust optimization, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka (Japan), 2015.
- Xiaojing Zhang, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Balancing bike sharing systems through customer cooperation-a case study on London's Barclays Cycle Hire, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka (Japan), 2015.
- Marius Schmitt, Paul Goulart, Angelos Georghiou, John Lygeros, Flow-maximizing equilibria of the Cell Transmission Model, European Control Conference, Linz (Austria), 2015.