She completed undergraduate studies at the Department of Balkan Studies Florina, Aristotle Univeristy of Thessaloniki-University of Western Macedonia in Greece. She continued postgraduate studies in Istanbul at the state University of Marmara in Turkish Language and Literature. During the master's degree obtained certificate of competence in Turkish Language at the University of Istanbul. Also, she completed the program of “Pronunciation and Speech of Turkish language” successfully, organized in Istanbul by the Ministry of Education in Turkey. She is a phd candidate in the Faculty of Education, Humanities and Social studies, European University of Cyprus with theme: Foreign Language Teaching and the case of Turkish Language in Cyprus.
In her professional experience included the teaching of Greek for Turk and Armenians as a foreign language at the "Sismanogleio Megaro" of the General Consulate of Greece in Istanbul. She has worked as a Translator Interpreter at Nottary Office, Beyoğlu 16. Noteri, in Istanbul (Turkey), at Press and Information Office, Republic of Cyprus-Nicosia at Social Welfare Services-department of adoptions, Nicosia for preparing the reports of adoption for the District Court and at Nicosia Court.
She has been teaching Turkish at the Language Centre of the University of Cyprus at all levels, since 2011. Since 2012 she is also a Turkish teacher of the Turkish Language Learning Programs for adults (structured according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages-CEFR) at KEPEAA (Centre of Scientific Training Evaluation and Development) in cooperation with the Language Centre of the University of Cyprus. She has teaching experience in all Levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1-C2).
She is a member at the biggest Centre for Islamic Studies (ISAM) in Istanbul, at the Hellenic Association Of Counselling and Guidance (EL.E.SY.P.), at the Hellenic Educational Society (PEE)-Greece, at the Cyprus Pedagogical Association-Cyprus and at the Cyprus Linguistics Society (Cyprus). She is also member to the following journals: Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies, Tehlikedeki diller dergisi, Science direct journal and the scientific journal ΚΕΣΕΑ-ΤΠΕ: http://www.kesea-tpe.org/epsilongammagammarhoalphaphi941sigmaf-muepsilonlambda974nu.html. She is an Academic Member of the Languages & Linguistics Research Unit, Athens Institute for Education and Research, ATINER: http://www.atiner.gr/language-unit. She is also a member of Organizing & Scientific Committee for the International Forum Of Young Researchers, Language Centre-University of Cyprus.
She has attended and participated many conferences and seminars.
Presentations in Conferences/Seminars:
- Gökçebağ, D., Pelekani, C. and Mesimeri Georgiou, E., CALLing Adult Education, It has been accepted as a Poster Presentation at the 2nd Foreign Language Instructional Technology: E-nnovative Learning conference (FLiT-II ) which took place between the 5th-7th of December 2013, Language Centre-UCY, Cyprus.
- Georgiou, E.,Teaching and Learning Turkish as Second/Foreign Language, Presented at the conference: 37th Annual Meeting, the Department of Linguistics, School of Philology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, May 12-14 2016.
- Pelekani, C. Georgiou, E. Veysioğlu, Y. Classroom Activities in Turkish Communicative Language Teaching (TCLT): Theory and Practice (AEP-Language Centre, UCY), 1st LC-UCY International Forum of Young Researchers, "Languages in Contact: Interconnections and Interferences", Language Centre – University of Cyprus, June 2, 2016.
- Gökçebağ, D., Pelekani, C. and Georgiou, Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language with Interactive Classroom and Outdoor Activities, 3rd LC-UCY International Forum of Young Researchers, Turkish Section, Language Centre-University of Cyprus, 2018.
- Language Teaching
- Teaching Turkish as a Second/Foreign Language
- Language acquisition
- Design of teaching material
- Design of programs and use of audio-visual media
- Educational technology
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Applied Linguistics