- Rowena holds a Bachelor's and Master's Degree at the Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, in Foreign Languages and Literatures - English and Spanish (Diploma di Laurea Magistrale in Lingue e Letterature Straniere – 2007).
- She continued her studies with a Master's II Degree at the University of Rome Tor Vergata in Didactics of Italian as a Foreign Laguage (Master 2 in Teoria, metodologie e percorsi della lingua e della cultura italiana per gli studenti stranieri).
- Since 2016 she is the Director of the PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) exams in Cyprus and the Didactic Coordinator of the Italian Language Courses offered by Società Dante Alighieri. Currently a member of the cultural society Società Dante Alighieri in Nicosia, aimed at spreading Italian culture and language in Cyprus.
- She is a PLIDA and CILS (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera – Universita per Stranieri di Siena) examiner since 2007 in the exams that certifiy the level of competence in Italian. She is also a trained examiner for DELE examinations levels A1-A2 (May 2010), Inicial-Intermedio-Superior (February 2009).
- Collaborator of the Ministry of Education for Secondary School Teachers continuos professional development.
Rowena teaches at the University of Cyprus since 2007 and she regularly participates in and actively promotes teacher training seminars and conferences in Cyprus. Since 2016 she is a member of the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the LC-UCY International Forum of Young Researchers, of the Training Days for Teachers of Italian and the ICSAH (International Centre for Studies on Arts and Humanities).
EU CV format here.
- the use of communicational activities in the Italian language classroom,
- ludic linguistics,
- communicative language teaching,
- task-based language teaching,
- use of ICT in teaching,
- psychology of learning and inductive learning
- the promotion of Italian language and culture in Cyprus.