All programs of postgraduate studies at the University of Cyprus are based on the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). The ECTS is a system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a program by attaching credits to its components. The Department offers the following eight postgraduate programmes:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Intelligent Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Interdepartmental Postgraduate Programme in Energy Technologies and Sustainable Design (IPP-ETSD)
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering
A student becomes a candidate for a M.Sc. or M.Eng. degree after successfully being admitted to the Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering postgraduate program. For the fulfillment of a M.Sc. Degree the requirements are:
- Successful completion of at least 90 ECTS units of graduate level coursework and research work.
- Attendance of the Postgraduate Seminar Series (total 25 seminars).
- Approval of the M.Sc. Thesis proposal and progress report, submitted by the student.
- Successful defense of the M.Sc. Thesis.
- Successful completion of at least 90 ECTS units of graduate level coursework, including an individual project course (8 ECTS).
- Attendance of the Postgraduate Seminar Series (total 12 seminars).
- Successful completion of an individual study course (ECE723).
Students admitted from the Fall 2011 semester onwards in the M.Sc. or M.Eng. programs in Electrical Engineering are required to enroll in three out of the six following core graduate courses:
- Random processes (ECE621)
- Digital Signal Processing (ECE623)
- Systems Theory (ECE631)
- Electromagnetic Waves and Antenna Theory (ECE649)
- Optics & Photonics (ECE645)
- Instrumentation & Sensors (ECE665)
- Advanced Computer Networks (ECE654)
- Advanced Computer Architecture (ECE656)
- Advanced Iterative Methods (ECE651)