Within 10 days from the date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus, the non-EU Academic staff should submit the Application Form M61 to the Civil Registry and Migration Department for the issue of Visa/Temporary Residence Permit.
- You must visit the International Students and Staff Office to receive the original Blue slip/Visa and to get informed of the Residence Permit Card procedure.
- Once the requested documents are ready, you should visit again the International Students and Staff Office to stamp the documents and arrange for you an appointment with the Migration Department.
- The Migration Department will notify us when your application will be evaluated, in order for you to pay and provide them with your biometrics. Please be informed that before you apply for your residence permit card, you must visit the International Students and Staff Office, to confirm and stamp your documents. You can visit the Migration Department only after an appointment, arranged between the University of Cyprus and the Migration Department. You will be informed of the date/time.
Within 10 days from the date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus, you should submit the following required documents in order to get your Cyprus Residence Permit card:
1. Original Entry Permit (M70)
2. Copy of passport’s page, or relevant travel document’s, indicating the latest arrival in the Republic.
3. Original results of medical blood test demonstrating that the third-country national does not suffer from hepatitis B and C, HIV and Syphilis as well as Chest X-Ray for Tuberculosis, duly certified by a Doctor in the Republic. Upon arrival in Cyprus, the Academic must undergo again these medical examinations.
4. Health Insurance Certificate covering primary and secondary medical care and transportation of mortal remains (Plan A).
Certificate of registration with the GeSY* and private insurance to cover the costs of repatriation of mortal remains.
5. Employer’s liability Insurance with automatic renewal (International Office will provide you with the relevant document).
6. Original Employment Contract duly signed and stamped by the Department of Labour, as well as two (2) copies, duly stamped.
7. Declaration of Mailing Address for the third-country national.
8. €200,00 fee for the Application Form (if it wasn’t paid for Entry Permit).
*For the first registration of the third-country national at the Civil Registry and Migration Department it is not required to present private insurance for primary and secondary medical care. By registration at GeSY the third-party national has the responsibility for informing the Civil Registry Migration Department.
- The International Students and Staff Office will inform you when your Pink slip is ready (the procedure takes approximately 3 months).
- Your Pink Slip will be automatically cancelled if you stay abroad for a period of more than three months. The International Students and Staff Office must be informed in order to apply for your Return Visa.
- Please do not make any money transactions in the northern occupied part of Cyprus. This is considered illegal practice and the Migration department will reject your application. You should also avoid using the airport in the northern part of Cyprus as it is an illegal point of entry.
- Please provide the International Students and Staff Office with your contact details in Cyprus (telephone, address and email).
RENEWAL OF VISA/TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT REGULATIONS FOR NON-EU ACADEMIC STAFF
The Temporary Residence Permit lasts for one year, so it’s very important to renew the temporary residence permit every year until the end of your employment.
Please see below the required documents in order to get your Renewal Temporary Residence Permit:
- Application Form MNSP2, duly completed and signed.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Proof of Employer’s Liability insurance.
- Copy of Medical Life Insurance Contract.
- Employment verification letter (issued by the Human Resources Department).
- Employment authorization from the Department of Labour.
- Copy of Rental Agreement.
- Confirmation from a bank in the Republic of Cyprus that the Researcher has a bank account in Cyprus.
- Copy of contract of Employment with the University of Cyprus.
- Confirmation of responsibility for the expenses occurred during his/her stay in the Republic of Cyprus.
- Fee of €80,00 for the Application Form.