The procedures have changed from 12 of June 2023.
2. Cyprus requires the higher education institution in the first Member State, to notify the competent authorities of the first Member State and of Cyprus of the intention of the student to carry out part of the studies in the higher education institution in Cyprus. In this case the notification takes place either:
(a) at the time of the application in the first Member State, where the mobility to Cyprus is already envisaged at that stage or
(b) after the student was admitted to the first Member State, as soon as the intended mobility to Cyprus is known.
3. In case that Cyprus does not object to the mobility of the student to its territory within 30 days from having received the complete notification, the mobility of the student to Cyprus, to carry out part of the studies, shall be allowed at any moment within the period of validity of the permit.
4. The notification shall include the valid travel document and the valid permit issued by the first Member State covering the total period of the mobility.
5. The notification shall include the transmission of the following documents and information:
(a) evidence that the student carries out part of the studies in Cyprus in the framework of a Union or multilateral program that comprises mobility measures or of an agreement between two or more higher education institutions and evidence that the student has been accepted by a higher education institution in Cyprus,
(b) the planned duration and dates of the mobility
(c) evidence that the student has health insurance for all the risks normally covered for Cypriot nationals
(d) evidence that during the stay the student will have sufficient resources to cover subsistence costs without having recourse to Cyprus social assistance system, study costs, as well as the travel costs to the first Member State
(e) evidence that the fees charged by the higher education institution have been paid, where applicable.
All supporting documents and information shall be submitted in Greek or English language.
6. Based on the notification referred above, Cyprus may object to the mobility of the student to its territory within 30 days from having received the complete notification where the conditions of the law are not met or the maximum duration of stay referred to in paragraph 1 has been reached.
7. Students who are considered to pose a threat to public policy, public security or public health shall not be allowed to enter or to stay on the territory of Cyprus as a second member state.
8. The competent authority, without delay, informs the competent authorities of the first Member State and the education institution in the first Member State, in writing about its objection to the mobility. Where Cyprus objects to the mobility, the student shall not be allowed to carry out part of the studies in the higher education institution in Cyprus.