We are looking forward to welcoming you to the University of Cyprus.
The International Students and Staff Office’s Mission is to contribute to the promotion of the internationalisation of UCY by providing comprehensive support and information to international students and staff (academic and administrative) regarding study, work and life at UCY, Nicosia and Cyprus in general. At the same time, the International Students and Staff Office is responsible for providing guidance and support to all non-European Students and Staff, with regards to entry and residence permit procedures, by liaising with the Cyprus Migration Department and other relevant authorities.
All non-EU Academic Staff who apply to the University of Cyprus require a visa to enter Cyprus. Provided that all the required documents and payments have been received, the University will submit the documents to the Migration Authorities for evaluation.
Please see below the required documents:
- Application Form MGEN2, duly completed and signed where applicable.
- Copy of a valid passport, or relevant travel document, with validity period of at least 6 months beyond the requested work permit.
- Original Certificate of Clear Criminal Record from the country of origin (if the applicant resides in a country other than the country of origin, the certificate must come from the country of residence) with effect of up to 6 months from the issuing date, duly certified.
- Original results of medical blood tests to ensure that the third-country national does not suffer from hepatitis B and C, HIV, syphilis and chest X-ray for tuberculosis, valid for up to 4 months from the issuing date, from the country of origin, duly certified.
- The payment for the entry visa fees for the amount of €200,00 should be made via JCC SMART, through the website https://www.jccsmart.com/e-bill/9356296
(Application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee).
- Employment authorization from the Department of Labor.
UCY will first send to the Department of Labor:
• letter asking permission for the academic to come and work in the Republic of Cyprus and
• Inviting letter to the Academic.
- Original employment contract, duly signed and stamped by the Department of Labour, as well as three (3) copies duly stamped.
- Declaration to cover the cost of repatriation of the third-country national.
Attestation of Documents (IMPORTANT):
- All the above documents must be officially translated to English. In cases where translations are necessary, these must be done by an approved translator and attested by the relevant authorities in the applicant´s country.
Please note that the APOSTILLE stamp does not need to be translated.
- The attestation process differs between countries that have signed the Hague Convention of 1961 (Apostille) and those that have not. The Attested documents must be in English.
- Academic Staff applying from countries that have signed the Hague Convention of 1961 (Apostille) must have the stump APOSTILLE
Academic Staff must have their documents attested by the designated, competent government authority which is authorized to affix the Apostille on their documents. The Ministry of Justice or Ministry of Foreign Affairs is usually the government body that issues the Apostille.
- Academic Staff applying from countries that have not signed the Hague Convention of 1961 (Apostille) but have a Cyprus Representation in their home country must have all their documents attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their home country and then further attested by the Cyprus Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.
- Academic Staff applying from Russia and Serbia: Based on bilateral agreements between Cyprus and Russia and between Cyprus and Serbia, applicants from these countries are exempt from the above procedures, provided all their documents are officially signed and stamped by the issuing authority.
All of the above required documents (originals and one duplicate) must be sent by post to the University of Cyprus to the following address:
University of Cyprus
International Students and Staff Office
International Relations Service
University of Cyprus “Anastasios G. Leventis”
P.O. Box 20537
As soon as the set of attested documents is received (one original and one duplicate) they will be forwarded to the Migration Department. When the entry permit visa (blue slip) is ready, it will be scanned and emailed to the Academic Staff.
This is the document necessary for traveling to Cyprus. The Cyprus airport security/authorities will accept the scanned colored version. The original will be given to you by the International Students and Staff Office upon your arrival in Cyprus.
Upon arrival in Cyprus
Non-EU Academic staff is required to show the following to the Immigration Authorities at Larnaca or Paphos Airport:
1) Original Passport
2) Copy of the Entry Visa (blue slip)
3) Employment/Verification Letter from University of Cyprus
Please note that within ten days of your arrival, you should complete all the necessary procedures in order to submit the application for issuing your Temporary Residence Permit Card (M61 form).
Once you have all the documents ready, you can arrange a meeting with the International Students and Staff Office, between 9:00-13:00 (Monday-Friday), by calling 22894050 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to give you the original Blue Slip (Visa) and to submit your residence permit card visa documents.