The key objective of ONISILOS is to enhance research excellence by extending the traditional academic research training setting and exposing postdoctoral researchers to alternate research practices and complementary resources, through the multidisciplinary and cross- sectoral character of the fellowship projects and the secondments.
The main objectives of the ONISILOS project are:
– Revive and transform the previous post-doc fellowships programme of UCY into an international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary funding scheme for Experienced Researchers
– Enhance high quality research at UCY and more broadly in Cyprus
– Create the conditions through which international and intersectoral mobility of researchers will be secured
– Offer innovative training through research and transferrable skills training to the fellows involved
– Attract the future generation of top researchers in Cyprus by offering an attractive remuneration package
– Combine science with industry experience to develop an entrepreneurial culture within the research community