The Bachelor’s Degree in Civil & Environmental Engineering is fully recognized by the Scientific and Technical Chamber of Cyprus (STCC), enabling the holder to become a member of STCC after one year of practical training in Cyprus in the private or public sectors and thus obtain the license to practice civil engineering.
Both the private sector and the public services in Cyprus offer a variety of professional opportunities for civil and environmental engineers. Graduates can pursue careers in design, construction, maintenance, building management and infrastructure, as well as research and development, such as:
- In the private sector and the wider public sector as designers, construction engineers, engineering consultants.
- In government departments and services of the local government that are active in the fields of environment, water, energy, air and emissions, and waste.
- In government departments and services of local government that are active in the sectors of transport and public works.
- In their own companies that are active in the fields of design and construction of buildings and infrastructure projects and environmental studies.
- In universities and other academic institutions in Cyprus and abroad (in teaching and/or research).
- In research centres in Cyprus and abroad.