Το πρόγραμμα προσεφέρεται μόνο στην Αγγλική γλώσσα.
- The program is designed for students interested in understanding central issues and challenges in the interdisciplinary study of peace, conflict and democracy globally.
- It is led by our award-winning academic staff in different regions of the world, signposting the global orientation of the program.
- It is taught by political scientists, sociologists, journalists, and anthropologists, exposing students to different disciplinary approaches to the study of peace, conflict and democratic transformation.
- The MA program lasts 18 months (90 ECTS) for a total of three semesters.
- In the first two semesters, students will attend courses geared towards developing their theoretical, methodological and practical skills.
- In the third semester, students will develop an independent research project (dissertation) under the supervision of an experienced faculty member.
Program Content & Structure
I. Core/Compulsory Courses (22,5 ECTS)
II. Elective Courses (37,5 ECTS)
III. Compulsory – Dissertation (30 ECTS)
The program will consider applicants with an academic background/degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities or any other associated field.
- International graduates should normally have the equivalent grade level (e.g. UK university graduates should normally have a second-class honors degree (55+)).
- Graduates of the University of Cyprus or of Greek universities should normally hold a grade level of at least 7 or above.
- Applicants with extensive professional experience (more than 5 years) in the fields of peace and conflict or democratization will be admitted if they already hold a postgraduate degree or may be considered if they have received a grade level of at least 6.5 from an internationally recognized university.
- When applicants' previous studies have not been conducted in English, they are expected to show an adequate level of proficiency in English. Applicants should have an IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with at least 5.5 in each section) with the test taken not more than two years before the submission of the application.
- Motivation Letter
- 2 Letters of Reference
Fees for the whole period of 18 months are €5.125.
For further information do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.